Techniques of Butchery Experience
Want to understand the best cuts of meat for your favourite dishes and fancy using your butchery skills at home? This is the ideal class for you! Our chefs will demonstrate how to break down a full lamb carcass and explain the various cuts of lamb and from what part of the animal each product comes. You will do “hands on” boning of a chicken and breaking it into various cuts before marinating with herbs from our kitchen garden. You will then refine your skills by boning a whole quail, marinating it and cooking it in the woodfire oven for lunch.
Cooking courses at Green Olive at Red Hill are the ideal gift for any occasion. Spend time in our kitchen garden and commercial kitchen with our experienced chef.
Once the hard work is done you sit down, admire the view of the vineyard, kitchen garden and ducks on the dam whilst enjoying the tantalising produce you just made with a glass of Kelpie Bridge wine.
Our 27 acre farm is located one hour from Melbourne at Red Hill, in the wine growing region of the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria. Our rich volcanic soils, cool climate and “between the bays location” is the ideal place for growing quality food and wine.
Set on a hillside and overlooking our large dam we have the most picturesque setting for visitors to enjoy a wide range of farm produce tapas dishes, wine from our vineyard, cooking classes and our unique Farm Gate Experience.
No reviews to display.
Why will you love it?
Want to know what the best cut for the dish you're making is?
Want to understand how to use the whole animal?
This could be for you.
What will you learn?
- Learn from demonstration of how to break down a full lamb carcass and explain the various cuts of lamb and from what part of the animal each product comes.
- You will do “hands on” boning of a chicken and breaking it into various cuts before marinating with herbs from our kitchen garden.
- You will then refine your skills by boning a whole quail, marinating it and cooking it in the woodfire oven for lunch
What will you get?
- Loads of butchery skills
- A feed
- A view of the surroundings........wow!
What do you need to know?
- Please arrive for course registration at 8.50am.
- Course commences at 9am and concludes at 12noon followed by a wine tasting and lunch.
- Course notes, chefs apron and all equipment supplied.
- Please bring a cooler bag to take fresh produce home safely.