India - 2 Breads - Saturday Night Series
So many gorgeous pickles and natural ferments from India! Which to choose from? Leave it to Varma. He's in the book and is the main runner of things logistical and fermentarical. Our main guy. And he has lots of ferments up his sleeve.. a favourite being Idli and dhosa. We'll talk natural yoghurt cultures, lassi, tamarind soda and make a batter to ferment at home for Dhosa and Idli fix. After that - enjoy a few different curries, chutneys and pickles made by Varma with our beautiful dhosa and Idli. . Bring your own jar or buy one of ours - we'll have Tiffins to buy or bring your own.x
Take homes - dhosa/idli batter and tamarind soda to ferment - bring a bottle and a 2L jar or buy ours
We also love to teach about what we do and envision crocks and jars of ferments in home kitchens around Australia and helping people eat a little something fermented a few times every day; giving people the confidence to rely on common sense in the kitchen again, and to no longer be afraid of healthy, helpful yeasts and bacteria in foods.
No reviews to display.
Why will you love it?
- There's so much going on in this workshop
- talk natural yoghurt cultures, lassi, tamarind soda
- make a batter to ferment at home for Dhosa and Idli fix
What will you learn?
- About natural yoghurt cultures, lassi, tamarind soda
- To make batter to ferment at home for Dhosa and Idli
What will you get?
- Knowledge and skill in making batter for Dhosa and Idli
- Dhosa/idli batter and tamarind soda to ferment
- Delicious meal to end the workshop