Handmade Sausage Making Experience
Ever wondered how the Italians and Germans make such great sausages? Green Olive at Red Hill is the place to learn the art of fresh sausage making. We will show you everything about bratwurst sausage making; from the best cuts of meat to use, how to grind meat, herbs and seasonings to use, how to fill natural sausage casings and then explore different ways to cook sausages. You will use spices and our fresh garden herbs to individually season your own batch of sausages.
Cooking courses at Green Olive at Red Hill are the ideal gift for any occasion. Spend time in our kitchen garden and commercial kitchen with our experienced chef.Once the hard work is done you sit down, admire the view of the vineyard, kitchen garden and ducks on the dam whilst enjoying the tantalising produce you just made with a glass of Kelpie Bridge wine.
Our 27 acre farm is located one hour from Melbourne at Red Hill, in the wine growing region of the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria. Our rich volcanic soils, cool climate and “between the bays location” is the ideal place for growing quality food and wine.
Set on a hillside and overlooking our large dam we have the most picturesque setting for visitors to enjoy a wide range of farm produce tapas dishes, wine from our vineyard, cooking classes and our unique Farm Gate Experience.
No reviews to display.
Why will you love it?
You'll learn skills you didn't think you'd have!!
What will you learn?
- Learn the art of fresh sausage making.
- The best cuts of meat to use,
- How to grind meat,
- Herbs and seasonings to use,
- How to fill natural sausage casings and then explore
- Different ways to cook sausages.
What will you get?
- To spend time in our kitchen garden and commercial kitchen with our experienced chef.
- Admire the view of the vineyard, kitchen garden and ducks on the dam whilst enjoying the tantalising produce you just made with a glass of Kelpie Bridge wine.
What do you need to know?
- lease arrive for course registration at 8.50am.
- Course commences at 9am and concludes at 12noon followed by a wine tasting and lunch.
- Course notes, chefs apron and all equipment supplied.
- Please bring a cooler bag to take fresh produce home safely.