Fermenting and Preserving Class
Time-honoured methods of food preservation are again enticing the curious into the kitchen.
What a joy to be able to use food at its’ prime,
to preserve and enjoy another time. (I hope you like my little rhyme!)
There is something really satisfying about popping-the-lid from a jar of something you have made. Jams, chutneys, ferments or pickles. I’d even go so far to say it’s a sort of nurturing feeling plus you feel good because nothing need go to waste.
Many of these concoctions whilst fun to make, offer a real ‘food as good medicine’ bonus. Find out how you can improve your gut health which in turn improves your general wellbeing. They are delicious too!
In every class, our talented team are committed to ensuring you learn, and are inspired by, their teaching. We are qualified chefs and love what we do. Meet our bunch (of friendly coconuts) below.
We will teach you this art so you finally have the skills, know-how and recipes to cook with conviction. It becomes easy and pleasurable. You’ll be able to successfully prepare and enjoy fresh and exciting meals at home whenever your heart desires.At Matters of Taste, we specialise in teaching people the skills to cook beautiful fresh food at home every day.
No reviews to display.
Why will you love it?
What will you learn?
Included in this 3 hour hands-on technique workshop class you will learn
- how to create and nurture Kombucha, all about the SCOBY and flavouring your fermented fizzy beverage.
- the skill of fermenting vegetables focusing on Korean Kimchi and Sauerkraut.
- to enhance your Moroccan dishes with Preserve Lemons .
- that Grandma’s old fashioned cordial, the Shrub is refreshingly different, delicious and good for you.
- adding a splash of probiotics to hummus makes it extra-good for your gut.
- to pickle seasonal vegetables, quick pickling and long pickling.
- to sterilize equipment and pack fermented vegetables for 100% success
Light Lunch of fermented drinks, pickles, raw veges, sourdough and cheese is included.